I tried to watch Mad Men when it first started and I couldn't get into it. Not my thing. However, I can't say no to a reading challenge, so when my friend Natalie from Coffee and a Book Chick said she was doing a challenge with the books that were seen in the series, I said sure why not? I tried this with LOST and had some success. So here are the details from Natalie's blog:
The Mad Men Reading Challenge details:
- Sign up below. If you write an announcement post, link it up.
- Pick books from the NYPL list here and here and here.
- Read the book or listen to the audiobook.
- Write a review.
- Add the graphic from this post to your write-up.
- Every time you review a book from the list, add it to the Linky on the designated site: http://themadmenreadingchallenge.blogspot.com/
- If you select books that weren't read on the Mad Men show, but were published (or were popular) during 1960 - 1968, just make a note of it in your post.
- Feel free to post about a movie or television show from that time period - the intent of this challenge is to celebrate the time and to say good-by to Mad Men.
Come and join us! It should be fun :)
© Jenny Girl - 2015 "All Rights Reserved"