Formerly of Jenny Loves to Read Blog

Formerly of Jenny Loves to Read
I needed a reboot!

Friday, August 28, 2015

Why Hello There!

I said what's up Mommy?  Trying to get my nap on!

Hello friends!  What's up?  Hope you are well and that you had a fabulous summer.  And to echo everyone I come across lately, where the heck did summer go to?  It flew by and I find myself looking forward to hockey season.

My summers go quickly because of work.  A new group of trainees starts right after Memorial Day, class instruction until the end of July, and then Cut Day.  Teaching all day is a slog, and I don't know how teachers of grade school and high school do it.  August, I have to keep them busy, and this year my September is filled with lots of craziness due to an industry change taking place October 1.  I'm busy, scatter brained, and tired every night, but I do enjoy my job immensely.  I work with a great bunch women, and that's rare to find in my field.  Most women and the offices in my field are cray-cray.  I shit you not!  The stories I could tell....  Regardless, we have fun in the office and out.

As a matter fact, i'm traveling to New Orleans to present with my boss at our national convention; the weekend of Popaclypse.  I'm not religious, but the preparations for this visit are insane.  A fence, really?  Anyway, looking forward to partying my friend/Director and another coworker that weekend. Any suggestions for me in New Orleans?  We have Saturday night and Sunday relatively free.  Friday too, actually.

Let's see, what else.....knitting is going ok.  Trying to finish a sweater I've been working on since last year.  I keep putting it down because it made me angry, don't ask :)  Also trying to knit up my stock of wool so I can wear it before the big move in two years.  Yes, that is still happening.  would move sooner but due to work projects, realistically it's two years.  Besides, it's going to take us that long to coordinate such a move.  I may actually be done reading my stockpile of books by then too.

I've been going through what I have in hard copy, minus the 30 or so books i'll always keep, like Austen and other classics.  My reading has changed quite a bit since I started blogging about books. My tolerance for idiotic characters has become less, and my desire to read things outside of my usual has increased.  Hmm this sounds like a possible post later.

I can't think of much else to say.  Life is good, hubby, dog and I are awesome, and really what more could I ask for?

So what's new with you lately?  Looking forward to anything coming up soon?
Talk to you later :)

© Jenny Girl - 2015 "All Rights Reserved"

5 comments:

  1. Aww hello cutie. Glad to hear all the fam are great, life is good and you're still working towards that move to Hawaii :) Have a bucket load of fun on the work trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to get the beignets at Cafe DuMonde (I think that is right spelling). I would love to visit NOLA again. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed your blogging reboot! It's so great to see you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog. Why no recent posts? Are you doing book reviews?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog. Why no recent posts? Are you doing book reviews?

    ReplyDelete